Wakefield Council is the largest employer in the district and the 18th largest in England and Wales with over 11,000 employees engaged in a variety of different occupations providing a comprehensive range of services. Wakefield is divided into 21 wards, electing 63 councillors.
Wakefield Council are an ambitious, high achieving and low spending council, delivering value for money through efficiency and innovation. Continuous improvements to our high-quality services means that we need to employ talented and dedicated individuals to support our existing strong workforce.
Body text goes here
Castlefield Recruitment are delighted to be working in partnership with Wakefield Council to recruit three Category Managers to support the growth of their Corporate Procurement Team.
Career Grade G9 – G11, £32,234 – £42,821 (dependent on experience)
Wakefield Council utilises a category management approach to deliver tactical and day-to-day support to its service users, thereby creating subject matter experts for areas of Council expenditure.
The three Category Manager vacancies will work in the category areas of;
– ‘People’ – Health and Well-being, Adults and Children
– ‘Business’ – Technology, Business Services and Professional Services
– ‘Places’ – Culture, Transport and Movement, Construction and Environment
Within these category areas, the Category Managers will be responsible for;
– Providing a professional, customer-focused service for the procurement of goods, services and works for Wakefield Council
– Achieving best value and cost effectiveness, with an emphasis on achieving efficiencies and continuous improvement
– Managing a category of spend in order to gain a full understanding and control of all third party spend associated with the category and ensure a planned, proactive approach is maintained to improve procurement activity across the Council
– Supporting in the development and management of the procurement and commissioning framework, which includes; reviewing and updating procurement guidance, undertaking training, providing advice and maintaining internal content
Want to find out more about working for The Leeds Teaching Hospitals?
Download the candidate pack and get all the information you need to ensure this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Click the link button to download.
Luis is a specialist recruiter for procurement professionals in the NHS and wider public sector across Yorkshire, North East and the East Midlands. Luis has a particular focus on placing candidates in permanent and interim positions under the Crown Commercial Service via Frameworks RM6002 – Permanent Recruitment Services and RM6160 – Interim & Fixed Term services. He covers a wide variety of roles and levels including; Heads of Procurement, Procurement Specialists, Procurement Officers, Category Managers, Contracts Managers and Buyers.
To apply please send us your CV by clicking the button below
Alternatively, book in a call with one of our NHS specialist recruitment consultants to find out more about the role and the NHS as a employer.